A busy medical center in the Midwest is recruiting a neurosurgeon to join their well-established neuroscience program. Both experienced and new graduates are welcome, and mentorship is available for younger neurosurgeons. Interests in spine, trauma, and general neurosurgery will be well-supported.
The hospital is a 489+ bed, Level 2 trauma center and Primary Stroke Center with a 45-bed neuroscience inpatient unit and a dedicated Neuro step-down unit covered by intensivists, hospitalists and NPs. With over 57,000 trauma center visits, 800+ stroke related admissions and over 250,000 outpatient visits, this tertiary care center is one of the busiest medical centers in the state. They have 7 helicopters. The hospital is Certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and has an expanding reach of outlying clinics.
- Because of the wide catchment area and Telestroke capabilities, we are also the busiest stroke program in the state
- Opportunity to walk into a very busy, established practice right away. Anticipated volume of 350+ cases per year
- Terrific case mix including complex and routine spine, general cranial and neurotrauma;
- Primary catchment area of 700,000 people, and secondary catchment of 1,000,000. No local neurosurgery competition
- Q5 call schedule consultative in nature. 24/7 NP coverage and neuro cases admitted by hospitalists;
- State-of-the-art equipment including 2 bi-plane angiosuites, 2 O-Arms, neuro-navigation, MRI, CT, endoscopy
- Highly competitive starting salary of multiple year guarantee plus wRVU-based bonus and quality/patient satisfaction bonus. Strong long-term, sustainable income potential;
- Hospital has hired an outreach coordinator to assist in establishing relationships with referring physicians
Located in a beautiful city with a metro population of 130,000 residents, the city offers a mid-size city feel and reasonable cost of living. It's home to numerous parks, beautiful gardens, museums and a vibrant, historic downtown district. The community also has an abundance of local restaurants, shopping centers and outdoor recreational opportunities. It's located within a short drive of a major Midwestern city, offering an international airport, many colleges and universities, professional sporting events and cultural activities.
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery, Trauma|