A large, free-standing Children's Hospital in central California is seeking pediatric urologists to join their current collegial team. An experienced pediatric urologist interested in a leadership position, Medical Director of Pediatric Urology, as well as new fellows coming out of training would be a great fit! This is a 358 bed, non-profit, free-standing children’s hospital, with a medical staff of over 550 physicians, covering a 50-acre campus and a catchment area of 44,000 square miles. The Emergency Department sees 110,000 children every year, making them the highest admitting children’s hospital in California. The pediatric urology team sees approximately 9,800 outpatient visits a year at various locations in central California.
• 358 beds, Level II Trauma Center
• Free Standing Children's Hospital with 550 physicians
• da Vinci Robot
• Academic affiliation with a preeminent university, supports teaching and research interests
• U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-2023 Best Children’s Hospitals has ranked this hospital as one of the best children’s hospitals in the country in Neonatology, Pediatric Gastroenterology & Gastrointestinal Surgery, Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery, Pediatric Orthopedics, Pediatric Pulmonology & Lung Surgery and Pediatric Urology
• Will join one other pediatric urologist, goal is to have 4 and 2 APPs
• Leadership opportunity - program has an interim Medical Director, seeking a permanent
• Opportunity for experienced and newly trained pediatric urologists, mentorship provided
• The position is 100% pediatric urology and offers all types of pediatric urology cases, including complex cases
• Robotic skills are welcomed but not required
• Call will be 1:4, payment offered over base call
• Competitive compensation package, including relocation assistance, PSLF program, sign-on bonus, and stipends
• H1B and J1 visa holders are welcome
With a population of 520,000, and a metropolitan area of just under 1 million, this is the 5th largest city in California, and very near to the state's exact geographic center. This allows you to be a convenient distance from the majority of the state’s prominent urban centers and outdoor recreational areas (three National Parks are within driving distance).
This area contains a rich variety of cultural attractions including performing arts and musical groups, museums, historic theaters, and dozens of annual events. It boasts one of the lowest costs of living in California, allowing you to enjoy the comfortable weather and amenities of the state, along with the beautiful, affordable housing and award winning schools, which makes it a great place to raise a family. Living in this community has all the amenities of living in a big city while getting to enjoy the ease of a small town.
|Subspecialty: Pediatric Urology|
|Compensation: $600,000 - $700,000|