A tertiary care center in the Midwest is recruiting a general neurosurgeon. This 327-bed hospital features state-of-the-art equipment. Although it is a level II trauma center, the trauma burden is minimal. The administration is passionate about patient care and very supportive of the physicians, which makes the hospital a great environment to practice. Physicians and patients alike benefit from a stable OR team who have been there for 20 years+ and have minimal nurse turnover. The new neurosurgeon will join an experienced neurosurgeon that is eager to mentor new grads. New grads and experienced candidates are both invited to apply. This hospital offers a great work life balance.
The hospital system is an integrated health system of three hospitals and is the largest and most advanced center in a 100-mile radius. They offer a Level II trauma center for the region with state-of-the-art facilities, and it serves as a Primary Stroke Center. The hospital is a not-for-profit, independent hospital that has received the A Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade as of Spring 2022 and has been recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as a Best Regional Hospital.
• Patients are largely screened by the NP
• Call is 1:3 and is not burdensome. The neurosurgeons receive 0-2 calls/night and go in 1-2x/year at night
• Competitive compensation not based on wRVUs
• Neurosurgeons will see about 150 cases/year
• Marketing support for new hire
• Equipment includes an O arm, new Mazor robot, updated Stealth navigation
• Visa support is available
• Located on the eastern bank of the Mississippi River atop stunning limestone bluffs, this historic and charming town offers natural and architectural beauty coupled with a safe and vibrant community with many opportunities for culture and recreation. Take in a minor league baseball game, a concert series, blues festival, a lecture at the local college, or a play at the theater on any given weekend. Families will appreciate the outstanding public school system with many new facilities along with private options as well. Forbes magazine has recognized this community as one of the “best small cities to raise a family”. Two hours from St. Louis.
Above market compensation package
Excellent schools nearby
Visa support available
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery, Spine|