A well-known University in Southern Illinois is seeking a cognitive neurologist for a clinical role within their Alzheimer's Research and Treatment Center. It is an exciting time to be a part of the growth and expansion of a regional neuroscience program, including their Neuroscience Institute which is comprised of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Psychiatry.
The mission of the Alzheimer’s Center is to integrate patient care, education, and research to better understand the biological aspects of aging, cognition, and neurodegenerative disorders allowing us to design innovative personalized care that addresses both the underlying symptoms and the disease leading to improved patient, family, and community outcomes. This is accomplished through careful integration of Clinical Health, Analytical Neuroscience, and Community Engagement. The long-term goal of the Alzheimer’s Center is to become a nationally and internationally recognized center in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
• Protected Research and Administrative Time
• Investigator-initiated research, and collaboration with basic/translational research opportunities available
• Two memory disorders neurologists and robust support system of three NP’s, one social worker and additional support staff
• Great relationship with the Center for Clinical Research, who provide support for our clinical trials
• Drive rural health initiatives by increasing outreach in rural areas and populations with higher risks for AD (African American, Hispanic, etc.)
• Faculty appointment
• teaching opportunities are available to teach medical students and residents
• H1B support available
Excellent schools nearby
Leadership role available
Particularly patient focused
Research support available
Well organized and managed practice
|Subspecialty: Neurodegenerative (Alzheimer/Cognitive)|