A well-established, comprehensive brain, spine and musculoskeletal center in a desirable area in the Mid-Atlantic is hiring a ABNS BE/BC Spine-Focused Neurosurgeon to join the group.
The practice is hiring to capture more market share and replace a neurosurgeon who will be retiring. Support is available for interests in complex spine, adult deformity, minimally-invasive spine, and spine trauma. Mentorship is available for new grads.
The new neurosurgeon will join a collegial group with six office locations and admits to eight highly-rated hospitals featuring state-of-the-art equipment and stroke centers.
- Catchment area ~ 7-8 million people
- Eight major metro areas within 5 to 10 minutes from one of practice's offices
- First-Year anticipated case volume is 250-280 cases; current neurosurgeons' case volume ~ 280 cases per year
- Expected call schedule for new neurosurgeon Q2-Q4 (cranial call and spine call)
- Limited call at one Level II Trauma Center; average number of calls from ED/ER ~ 2 to 4 per day
- PAs take 1st call and assist in surgeries; neurosurgeons are only called for consultations and surgery
- Practice employs two nurse practitioners who round and handle pain medicines
- Practice plans to hire more mid-level providers once new neurosurgeon becomes established
- No pediatric coverage
- Opportunities to teach (orthopedic residents at two hospitals and neurosurgical residents at one hospital)
- Block OR time available at five of the hospitals
- Base salary plus production bonus; malpractice insurance paid by the group
- Additional ancillary services/ revenue sources include physical therapy, pain management and physiatry
Live & Work in a Vibrant, Dynamic Area!
- Area is both highly-affluent and diverse; residents benefit from rich cultural opportunities in the community and proximity to the world-class amenities of New York City
- High caliber school choices of all types available for families
- Plethora of shopping options
- Wide-variety of great neighborhoods to call home
Access to large metropolitan area
Excellent schools nearby
No or low trauma call
Well organized and managed practice
I'm interested in this position
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery, Spine|
Ready to talk with our recruiting specialists?
Meet UsIn Person
Contact Us:By Email
Chat with us:
Use the Chat / Help Button below