A premier medical center in Illinois is seeking additional neurologists to join its practice. The new neurologist will join the three-neurologist team at the medical center and will have opportunities to partner with the 12 neurologists at another nearby location.
The current needs for the Illinois Medical Center are for a general inpatient, and general outpatient neurologist, though neurologists with subspecialty interests in headache, MS / neuro-immunology and dementia would be well-supported. Neurologists would be able to build subspecialty volume over time up to approximately 80%. For interested candidates, residency program director, and neurology service line director opportunities exist. For these leadership positions, additional stipends and protected administrative time are both available.
Medical Center Highlights
• 221-Bed Medical Center
• Level 2 Trauma Center
• Primary Stroke Center
• General inpatient and majority outpatient practices
• 24/7 telestroke coverage is in place to aid with call coverage
• Call Schedule: 3 days of overnight call per month, 1 weekend per month, inpatient service call 1 week per month
• Leadership opportunities exist for interested candidates
• General neurology, headache neurology, and cognitive/behavioral neurology subspecialties would be particularly well-supported
• Teaching opportunities are available to teach neurology, neurosurgery, and family medicine residents
• Research opportunities available
• H-1B visa support available
• APP support
This Illinois city is a vibrant, culturally diverse location, with a medical draw area of around 250,000. The city is about 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, IL, and St. Louis, MO, and 2 hours from Indianapolis, Indiana. This upper/middle-class locale is home to 2 universities, and 2 nationally recognized insurance companies. The community culturally diverse with excellent schools and a low cost of living. The crime rate is among the lowest in the country.
Above market compensation package
Research support available
Student loan repayment available
Well organized and managed practice
|Subspecialty: Clinical Neurophysiology (EEG or EMG), General Neurology, Headache, Multiple Sclerosis/Neuro-Immunology, Stroke, Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia, EMG, EEG|
|Compensation: $300,000 - $350,000|