A 433-bed regional care hospital, and the area’s only Level I Trauma Center in East-Central Illinois, together with its Medical Director of the Neurosciences Institute, and the VP of the Neurosciences Institute, is excited to welcome a neuro-oncologist to join its growing team. The new neuro-oncologist will join a group of 7 neurosurgeons, 7 hematology/oncology physicians, 4 radiation oncologists, and several APPs.
• 100% Neuro-oncology volume position / position under neurology department
• New hires must have an interest in mentoring and teaching neurology residents and medical students
• Neuro-oncologists will have clinic at the program’s Cancer Center Institute
• Neuro-oncologists will become a member of the future multi-disciplinary neuro-oncology clinic
• Exceptional opportunities to conduct basic science and translational research at the local university affiliate
• Unique opportunity to conduct clinical research using program’s state-of-the-art 7T MR suite.
• The program’s Hematology/Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Neurosurgery departments are committed to providing the highest quality of care for patients with primary and metastatic brain, base of skull and spine tumors
• Very competitive compensation plan
The area is anchored by the principal cities of Champaign and Urbana and is home to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The location is home to a beautifully diverse and intellectual population, a plethora of very affordable housing options, and many private and public schooling selections; it is the quintessential location to raise a family or put down roots.
From the downtown “college-town” area near the university to more sprawling, suburban locales, Champaign – Urbana boasts great shopping (from big-box retailers to boutique shops), a cutting-edge restaurant scene, wonderful park systems, and a truly family-oriented community. Additionally, the winters in the area are very mild and lend to very active, outdoor lifestyles.
Champaign-Urbana is a 2-hour train ride to Chicago, 2-hours from Indianapolis, and the Bloomington airport has flights to many areas (and free parking!).
All in all, the location is wonderful for candidates who are seeking the benefits of a large, established city with the comfort and cost-of-living of small-town America.
Above market compensation package
Leadership role available
Well organized and managed practice
|Compensation: $300,000 - $350,000|