A 433-bed regional care hospital, and the area’s only Level I Trauma Center in East-Central Illinois, together with its Medical Director of the Neurosciences Institute, and the VP of the Neurosciences Institute, is excited to welcome a child neurologist to join its team. The new pediatric neurologist will join a group of 2 new pediatric neurologists who are starting in the fall (2020) and 2 part-time locum neurologists.
• 100% child neurology opportunity
• Established referral base
• Join 2 incoming pediatric neurologists
• Call take predominately by phone
• The hospital provides Level III Perinatal Services, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Child Diagnostic Clinic and NICU follow-up clinic
• Opportunities for teaching, research, and faculty appointment
• Extremely collegial physician and admin team
The area is anchored by the principal cities of Champaign and Urbana and is home to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The location is home to a beautifully diverse and intellectual population, a plethora of very affordable housing options, and many private and public schooling selections; it is the quintessential location to raise a family or put down roots.
From the downtown “college-town” area near the university to more sprawling, suburban locales, Champaign – Urbana boasts great shopping (from big-box retailers to boutique shops), a cutting-edge restaurant scene, wonderful park systems, and a truly family-oriented community. Additionally, the winters in the area are very mild and lend to very active, outdoor lifestyles.
Champaign-Urbana is a 2-hour train ride to Chicago, 2-hours from Indianapolis, and the Bloomington airport has flights to many areas (and free parking!).
All in all, the location is wonderful for candidates who are seeking the benefits of a large, established city with the comfort and cost-of-living of small-town America.
Above market compensation package
Leadership role available
Well organized and managed practice
|Subspecialty: Child Neurology|
|Compensation: $300,000 - $350,000|