A well-established Academic program in the Northeast is excited to welcome a pediatric fellowship-trained neurosurgeon to lead the pediatric neurosurgery division. This is a terrific opportunity to build a busy clinical practice, be involved in collaborative research, and teach neurosurgery residents. The faculty are eager to welcome an enthusiastic pediatric neurosurgeon with interests in growing the current program. A Directorship is available for those with experience.
This University Hospital is thriving having just opened a Children’s Hospital and Cancer Center. The latter will include an intraoperative MRI suite. Neuroscience research is a major University initiative and will be housed in a new dedicated building also under construction.
The practice covers two hospitals including a 409-bed Level 1 trauma center and Designated Primary Stroke Center with a 14-bed Neuro-ICU. The University Health System serves 1.8 million people in the region and is the area’s largest employer. The secondary hospital is a 306-bed hospital nationally recognized for its orthopedic program, spine surgery, bariatric services and maternity services.
Enjoy the best of both worlds: The neurosurgery group is a private, physician run practice affiliated with the University and state. In addition to the compensation provided by the group, additional compensation is provided by the state and the physicians enjoy state benefits and retirement.
• Competitive compensation plan including base salary and productivity bonus
• Support available for research interests
• Practice employs 2 pediatric epileptologists
• Catchment area of 2.5 million with no regional competition
• Anticipated first-year volume of pediatric cases: 150
• Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery leadership role available
• Block OR time
• Practice employs 1 full-time NP, 2 part-time NP’s and a full-time PA
• Opportunity to collaborate regularly with Pediatric Epilepsy
Center, Spina Bifida Program, Cranio-facial Center
• Neurosurgery residents take first call
• Latest technology including an Intraoperative MRI, Hybrid OR Suite and Gamma Knife
Located in a beautiful region offering a diverse natural environment with abundant outdoor activities, outstanding schools, a moderate cost of living, and safe, family- oriented communities. This city is a vibrant metropolitan area of 700,000 people and offers access to many major east coast cities.
|Subspecialty: Pediatric Neurosurgery|