A very well-established private practice in New England is seeking to hire an endovascular trained neurosurgeon to join their busy group.
This is a tremendous opportunity to build and develop an endovascular/cerebrovascular stroke program in a market with a demonstrated need. The new hire will work primarily out of a busy nearby hospital with call support and coverage assistance from the group's two current vascular neurosurgeons. In addition to vascular neurosurgery, the new neurosurgeon will supplement their clinical practice with routine spine, general neurosurgery and trauma. Vascular call schedule will be Q3-4 and very consultative. Hospital has a bi-plane angiosuite, Med/Surgical ICU staffed with intensivists, and plenty of volume. The new hire is expected to do 150 cases in his/her first year, ~100 of which will be vascular cases. Once established, the endovascular neurosurgeon can expect total cases to exceed 250/year. Cases include ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage, aneurysms, and AVMs
The hospital is a 360-bed Level 2 trauma center. The hospital has a bi-plane angiosuite, O-Arm, mobile MRI, and budgeting for additional capital investments.
• Very stable practice – has been around for 40 years and no one has ever left the group. Practice manager has been with group for 25 years
• Group employs 4 full-time PA’s with plans to hire a 5th. PA's help round on patients, do consults and take daytime call for inpatient management.
• No pediatric coverage required
• Opportunities for research including clinical trial exist as well as teaching opportunities. One of the area hospitals is home to one of the leading surgical physician assistant residency programs in the country.
• No local politics, excellent working relationships with hospitals and fantastic reputation in the market.
• Compensation will include a base salary plus productivity bonus. Practice has PSA with Health System. Partnership track of 2 years
• Block OR time available
This very desirable community has a population of 1 million residents and is less than an hour away from NYC and 2.5 hours from Boston, giving residents a better quality of living with access to all of the culture the big cities offer. It is one of the fastest growing counties in the state and the thriving wealthy suburb has more affordable large homes with lots of land to enjoy. This family-friendly community is safe, and also has great school districts, with a variety of shopping and restaurants, for an easy and enjoyable lifestyle.