An academically-affiliated practice in Kissimmee, Florida is searching for a vascular neurologist and outpatient sub-specialists to join its growing neurosciences practice.
The vascular neurologist will provide supervision and teaching of residents and medical students. As core faculty, this position will have 70% direct patient care with 30% protected administrative GME time. This position will work closely with the inpatient comprehensive stroke team as well as achieve continuity of care by following patients after discharge in the outpatient clinic.
Opportunity and Hospital Highlights:
• 404-bed Level II Trauma Center
• Comprehensive stroke center
• Opportunity to teach residents and medical students; 3 residents currently
• 70 % direct patient care, 30 % academic administration
• Epilepsy sub-specialists also welcome
• All sub-specialists welcome and encouraged to apply
• Family friendly and very tourism centered
• Research supported
• 2016 Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus: Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite Performance Achievement Award from American
• Heart Association/American Stroke Association
• The NEW Comprehensive Stroke Center with State-of-the-Art Bi-Plane Imaging Technology
• 10% TPA rate – higher than the national average of 2-5%
• Dedicated 12-bed Neuro Trauma ICU with expert nursing staff
• Dedicated 18-bed Neuro Telemetry Unit with expert nursing staff
• Dedicated 28-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit with expert staff
Kissimmee is only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. The Kissimmee area has pleasing family oriented residential communities with quick access to multiple theme parks and numerous cultural opportunities. Both the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico beaches are just a short drive away.
Access to large metropolitan area
Attractive schedule options available
Excellent schools nearby
|Subspecialty: Epilepsy, General Neurology, Stroke|