A well-regarded medical center in the beautiful Pacific Northwest is hiring two general neurosurgeons. Interests in complex spine cases, scoliosis, and spine oncology can be accommodated within the context of a general neurosurgery opportunity. A spine fellowship trained physician would be the only fellowship trained provider in the region and could easily capture cases. Interests in neurosurgical trauma management would also be strongly supported.
This is a 270 bed level III trauma center with plans to achieve level II status. There is a strong market demand as the growing local region provides care for >500,000 people with currently only two neurosurgeons.
• Call is 1:4 as shared with locums/per diems and is consultative in nature
• Hospitalists admit patients and PAs support inpatient care
• Strong volume of cases exists with approx. 400 cases/year leaving the region
• 93% of referrals come from PCP network and hospital’s PCP network has over 70% market share
• 200 cases anticipated in year one, 250+ anticipated once established for both positions
• 80/20 mix of spine and cranial cases with flexibility to 95% spine/5% trauma only cranial cases
• Terrific O.R. team; well trained and work well together.
• Beautiful ICU, team is attentive, director is neuro trained
• Block O.R time available
• No pediatric responsibilities
This beautiful Pacific Northwest city boasts a mild climate with lots of sunshine allowing residents to enjoy the endless outdoor activities all year-round. The community offers fishing, boating, water skiing as well as antique shops and wineries. The waterfront has a beautiful marina and tons of space for walking, jogging, biking and rollerblading. Local physics laboratories, colleges, and engineering jobs create a very ethnically diverse and supportive community which is excellent for raising a family in a safe and education focused environment.
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
Well organized and managed practice