A financially-stable healthcare system in Eastern Pennsylvania is seeking additional vascular neurologists, neurohospitalists, neurointensivists, and neurointerventional radiology subspecialists to join their team as they develop into a Comprehensive Stroke Center.
For the right candidate, the opportunity exists for a Stroke Medical Director. The Stroke Director will provide leadership in delivering hospital-based stroke care by directing and overseeing a multidisciplinary delivery team. Responsibilities include stroke patient care, overseeing scheduling, stroke education, treatment protocols, management of standards and expectations, further develop use of Telemedicine, lead the hospital towards Comprehensive accreditation, supervise and mentor advanced practitioners hired to support the stroke service.
• 647-bed acute care hospital
• Level 2 Trauma Center
• Primary Stroke Center working to become Comprehensive Stroke Center accredited
• 8 bed Neuro ICU
• 26-operating room surgical tower completed in October 2016
• Neurosciences catchment area of around 750,000 people
• Clinical Research is welcomed and supported
• Clinical campus for nearby medical school
• The hospital currently has residency programs in Family Practice, Internal Medicine and OB-GYN. They are adding residencies in General Surgery and Emergency Medicine
• Busy stroke center with 3-4 stroke patients per day
• Stroke team is comprised of 1 endovascular neurosurgeon, 3 neurointensivists and 1 vascular neurologist
• Competitive compensation package including sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, student loan repayment and incentive bonus
|Subspecialty: Interventional, Neurocritical Care, Neurohospitalist, Stroke, Endovascular|