A well-regarded hospital affiliated with a nationally-renowned academic program in Lancaster, Pennsylvania is seeking vascular trained neurologists for stroke and neurohospitalist roles to help staff a growing Neuroscience Institute.
Neurologists with specialty training in MS, Epilepsy, and headache would also be welcome, as the division begins to further sub-specialize, though all interests can be supported in the context of General Neurology. The team currently consists of General Neurologists, EMG fellowship-trained Neurologists, a Headache fellowship-trained Neurologist, a Movement Disorder fellowship-trained Neurologist, and a Vascular/Stroke fellowship-trained Neurologist.
• 506 beds
• Level 1 Trauma Center status achieved by mid-2020
• Mechanical thrombectomy capable
• EEG and EMG monitoring available
• Infusion suite available
Vascular/Neurohospitalist Opportunity Highlights:
• 100% Vascular Neurology (fellowship required), and Neurohospitalist positions available
• Shared telestroke only for Vascular Neurologists
• Introducing tele-stroke coverage with a local university's network in Q3 of 2020, making call be 1:12. After a night of being on call, physicians have the next day off.
• 7-on/7-off schedule available
• 1:8 shared general call for neurohospitalists, no stroke call
• APP support
• Competitive salary and benefits package, including sign-on bonus
Pennsylvania’s eighth-largest city is a prosperous community with excellent shopping and entertainment facilities. Just a short drive away from Philadelphia and Baltimore, Lancaster offers the convenience of big city life within the comfort of a mid-sized community. Lancaster boasts excellent private and public schools, and a beautiful and lively downtown set within an exciting expanse of woodlands and mountains.
Access to large metropolitan area
Attractive schedule options available
Leadership role available
No or low trauma call
Research support available
|Subspecialty: Neurohospitalist, Stroke|