A hospital in Texas is recruiting a spine focused neurosurgeon to join the group. Immediate volume exists as two neurosurgeons recently left the area. The group will consider both experienced and newly trained grads; mentorship is readily available. A spine fellowship is preferred but not required. Interests in complex spine including scoliosis, along with spine trauma and routine spine will be well-supported.
This level I trauma center is the primary teaching hospital for a major university. It has been ranked #1 by Best Companies among large employers in Texas, received Outstanding Patient Experience Reward by HealthGrades, and is in the top 7% of hospitals in the nation that have earned MagnetRecognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
• Call is 1:4; APPs take floor call, trauma call is highly consultative, neurosurgeons go in 3-5 a month
• APPs are also available to run clinic, round and assist in the O.R.
• Strong case volume of 90/10 spine and cranial work exists and is immediately available; 175 cases anticipated in year one with more than 250 expected once established
• A very experienced, well trained PA is already on staff for the new hire
• 16 bed Neuro-ICU with two full time neurointensivists backed by APPs
• Two O-Arms and Three S8 Stealth Stations along with the latest microscopes
• Group currently participates in training ortho residents; spine-focused clinical trial research is available
• Catchment area of 1 million
• Block O.R. time exists
• Collaborative environment with strong administrative support
Take advantage of the big-city delights the area has to offer while maintaining a family friendly atmosphere of small-town hospitality and Texas charm!
Visa support available