A renowned academic program in the northeast is seeking two BE/BC neurosurgeons to work at two of their affiliated hospitals in the city suburbs. These two positions are ideal for someone with an interest in spine and general neurosurgery. Candidates will hold clinical faculty appointments and practice at one of the community hospitals.
Northern suburb hospital is a 394-bed hospital that staffs 400 board certified physicians in 22 specialties between their two campuses. The new hire will join two established neurosurgeons. The senior neurosurgeon is planning to slow down his very busy practice of over 500 cases/year.
The eastern suburb hospital is the region’s newest hospital. It’s a 155-bed non-profit hospital on a 16+ acre campus. The hospital offers a wide range of health care services including oncology, gastroenterology, heart/vascular, rehabilitation, stroke, surgery, and women’s health. The new hire will spearhead the development of the neurosurgery program at the hospital. Call will be supported by an orthopedic spine surgeon and neurosurgeons from the main campus.
• Block OR time available
• Call schedule will be 1:3 and highly consultative.
• Enjoy a busy elective spine practice and no trauma
• First year volumes expected to be 200+ cases and over 350 once established
• Hospitals have latest equipment and budget for additional equipment available including O-Arm and robot
• PA assigned to each neurosurgeon; PA’s help with clinic, hospital and OR
• Interests in general neurosurgery, spine, minimally-invasive spine and complex spine are welcome; fellowship not required
• Clinical faculty appointment and ability to take complex cases to main campus
• Strong base salary plus wRVU productivity bonus
Known for its medical and technological excellence, this city has a catchment area of 2 million people. It has something for everyone, from professional sports teams, outdoor recreational activities, extraordinary dining options to high-end retail shopping. With an abundance of artistic, cultural, and educational opportunities, it's a great place to call home.