A very fast growing academic medical center in the Midwest is seeking a spine focused neurosurgeon to join their comprehensive neuroscience institute. The new Chairman of Neurosurgery is seeking a spine specialist interested in having a robust clinical practice, teaching medical students, program building, research & device development.
The primary teaching hospital is an 974-bed Level I Trauma Center and designated Primary Stroke Center. The health system is affiliated with a local university offering support/protected time for basic science research interests, medical student and residency teaching opportunities & collaborations with engineering for device development.
Hospital & Practice Highlights:
• Access to a Gamma Knife;
• Varian TrueBeam;
• 3T MRI;
• Epic System for Electronic Medical Records;
• Stryker and Stealth Navigation;
• Busy clinical practice including complex instrumentation, spine deformity & minimally-invasive spine;
• Protected time for research including basic science, translational and clinical. New Neurosurgery lab at university (only 15 minutes from hospital);
• Countless opportunities to do spine outcomes research;
• Synergies with engineering department create opportunities in bioengineering, biomechanics & new instrument development;
• Program building & leadership opportunities including the eventual development of a neurosurgery residency program;
• Collaborative support from Chair of Neurology & Chair of Research in development of multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and cutting edge research
A diverse city with a population of almost 850,000. The city is a terrific place to raise a family, offering exceptional public and private schools and home to two major universities. Nationally ranked for arts and culture, it is home to many fine arts centers. The city also offers fine dining, shopping, numerous museums & parks and live sporting events.
Above market compensation package
Excellent schools nearby
Leadership role available