Private, physician run practice affiliated with University and the State is interested in hiring three faculty members to its growing program. The program is seeking a neurosurgical oncologist, a neurocritical care fellowship trained neurosurgeon and a spine-focused general neurosurgeon.
This is a terrific opportunity to build a busy clinical practice, be involved in collaborative research and teach neurosurgery residents. The dynamic Chairman and the neurosurgery faculty are eager to mentor younger neurosurgeons. Candidates with experience are also welcome to apply.
Key features are a collaborative relationship with Orthopedics, access to the Gamma Knife Center and an outstanding intra-operative monitoring service. A variety of practice options includes all hospitals in the city. The University Hospital is thriving having just opened a Children’s Hospital and recently built a Cancer Center. The latter will include an intraoperative MRI suite. Neuroscience research is a major University initiative and will be housed in a new dedicated building also under construction.
A variety of clinical interests can be supported including minimally-invasive spine, complex spine and spine trauma. Candidates will spend time at main campus, the community hospital and hold outreach clinics.
• Opportunity to develop a robust clinical practice
• Call schedule is currently Q7, some faculty take spine call and some focus on neurovascular
• Anticipated first year volume of ~200 cases with the opportunity to grow to 250+ once established
• Catchment area of 660,000 plus surrounding counties
• Practice employs 2 full-time NP, 1 part-time NP’s and a full-time PA
• Benefit from latest technology including an Interoperative MRI, Hybrid OR Suite and Gamma Knife, budgeted for the BrainLab Airo, Laser Ablation.
• Block OR time
• Competitive compensation plan including base salary and productivity bonus; In addition to the compensation provided by the group, additional compensation is provided by the state, and the physicians enjoy state benefits and retirement
Region boasts a beautiful and diverse natural environment with abundant outdoor activities, outstanding schools, a moderate cost of living, and safe, family- oriented communities. City is a vibrant metropolitan area of 700,000 people and offers access to many major east coast cities.
Access to large metropolitan area
Excellent schools nearby
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
Research support available
Visa support available
Well organized and managed practice
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery|