This free-standing children's hospital is looking for a fellowship-trained pediatric neurosurgeon. The hospital is internationally renowned for their level of pediatric expertise and collaborative, team centered approach to care.
The hospital serves as a regional referral center for patients throughout the Upper Midwest. Their pediatric neurosciences center is the first such center in it's state and one of only a few in the United States. The center serves medically complex pediatric patients requiring highly specialized care including with neurological complications related to brain injuries, spinal-cord injuries, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, muscular dystrophy, neurocutaneous disorders, peripheral neuropathies and spinal muscular atrophy. Frequent cases include functional rhizotomy, pumps, craniofacial, and trauma cases. In addition to their care of children, the hospital physicians continue to follow their patients into adulthood.
• 100% pediatric patients
• 1:4 call schedule; call is primarily consultative
• Cohesive and collaborative team atmosphere
• Excellent work/life balance
• Equipment includes MRI, CT, Image Guided Navigation Equipment, O-Arm, and C-Arm
• Anticipated case volume in year one is 100 with 150 expected once established
• Nurse Practitioner support
• Level 1 trauma center (neurosurgery does not receive many trauma admissions from the ER)
• 60 bed capacity – Including PICU
• Research opportunities available
This Midwestern capital city with more than three million people in the area is often referred to as the most livable city in the country and has been ranked as one of Travel and Leisure's favorite cities. With one of the fastest-growing downtowns in the US, the city features diverse neighborhoods, beautiful parks and recreation venues as well as lots of cultural opportunities. Residents of this unique city enjoy an unparalleled quality of life and proximity to an international airport. If you're looking for a terrific opportunity in an amenity-rich, affordable city, this is the place for you!
Access to large metropolitan area
Excellent schools nearby
No or low trauma call
Particularly patient focused
|Subspecialty: Pediatric Neurosurgery|