A nationally-recognized, highly integrated North Carolina health system with more than 400 physician practices, 100 outpatient facilities, and 15 medical centers is seeking Pediatric Neurologists for its Charlotte location. The system is recruiting a pediatric neurology generalist, pediatric epileptologist, and pediatric neurology medical director.
The Medical Director will lead a primarily outpatient practice with centrally-located hospitalist duties. The practice has several locations in the south and north of the county. The medical director will help to rotate coverage for the pediatric inpatient floor, PICU, NICU, and pediatric emergency department for one-week rotations with four other neurologists. The medical director will also participate in EEG reading for the outpatient pediatric EEG lab and the hospital system. For this reason, pediatric neurologists who have completed epilepsy fellowships will be particularly well-supported.
Health System Highlights:
• Not-for-profit integrated system of 15 medical centers and 1,123 doctors in 343 clinic locations
• 24,400 employees and physician partners
• Care provided for patients and communities in North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina, and Georgia
Pediatric Neurology Medical Director Position Highlights:
• 80% clinical / 20% administrative position
• Lead the team of 3-5 pediatric neurologists and 2 APPs
• Help to develop a common vision and purpose for the clinic
• Serve as a role model and transformational leader
• Develop research opportunities for the pediatric neurology clinic
Child Epilepsy Position Highlights:
• Epilepsy surgery opportunity
• 35-bed pediatric ward that includes dedicated EMU beds
• Collaborate with the neurosurgery division
Child Neurology Position Highlights:
• Majority clinical outpatient volume
• 4 day clinical schedule with night and weekend call
• Call structure is approximately 10-12 weeks per year and 10 weekends per year (around 1:5)
This lovely location is equal parts old-fashioned charm and high-energy cosmopolitan bustle; enticing people from all over the world to settle down. Culture is rich in this region where residents can choose between world class restaurants, performing arts centers, museums, and 37 miles of greenway trails for biking and running. Residents can also experience and enjoy a thriving craft brewing scene or catch a game at one of the area’s professional basketball or football teams. Comprised of small neighborhoods, each with a distinctive feel and energy, there are plenty affordable housing options available in this metro region. Education options include numerous public elementary, middle and high schools in addition to 128 private schools. Higher education is also represented as this area is home to nine colleges and universities.
|Subspecialty: Child Neurology, Epilepsy|