A large health system in a large metropolitan area in the south is seeking a neuro-oncology focused neurosurgeon to work in a brain tumor practice. This leading health system is a private, not-for-profit organization serving nearly 2 million patients across the state.
The new neurosurgeon will be employed at this non-trauma designated hospital. This is a private, not-for-profit hospital and a leader in patient care that’s helped the community get better and stay well for more than a century.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 to 7 years experience working in a practice that is predominately focused on brain tumors. A fellowship is desirable but they are willing to consider someone with the right experience who is not fellowship trained. This is an opportunity to step into a practice that is mainly brain tumors, outside of general neurosurgery call. The practice sees approximately 350 brain tumors each year and the current spine neurosurgeons are happy to refer these cases to the new person.
The new neurosurgeon will be employed by the hospital and partner with the current employed group as well as the local group. Their current neuro-oncology neurosurgeon is excited to partner with the new person.
Call will be 1 in 8, and the hospital does not see trauma cases. Someone with endoscopic skills would be a plus.
- Predominantly brain tumor practice
- Neuro-oncologists on staff
- Clinical trials supported in collaboration with MD Anderson
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Collegial team environment
- Large internal referral network
- Competitive salary plus benefits, bonus opportunity, CME, signing bonus
- Medtronic Stealth Station S8 system
- ENT Skull Base kit
- iCT Cranial kit
- 3D Software
- Cranial Software
- Zeiss Kinevo 900 system
- Karl Storz 3D Endoscopic/Exoscope Tower
- Pentero Microscope
- Stryker Varispeed
- Medtronic Midas Rex
- Leksell Gamma Knife
- Perfexion and Varian True Beam stX with Brain Lab iPlan (the stX is a linac specifically designed for SRS treatment
Live and practice in one of the fastest growing cities in America offering a terrific climate and an abundance of cultural opportunities. The area offers excellent public and private schooling options, exclusive neighborhoods, historic theatres, fine dining, great parks and beautiful botanical gardens. Residents also benefit from proximity to an international airport.
|Subspecialty: Neurosurgical Oncology/Skull Base|