A large medical group in Akron, Ohio is seeking two neurohospitalists to join its growing neurology service at its neurosciences institute. The physicians will provide coverage for the inpatient general neurology consulting service and stroke service at a large hospital in a rotational pattern, 7-on 7-off. Potential opportunity for subspecialty practice available.
• 7-on/ 7-off scheduling
• Support staff with APP
• Closed model ICU with dedicated neuro-intensive care service
• Extensive laboratory and radiology services in-house
• Opportunity to participate in research and innovation
• First hospital in OH to be awarded the Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission, in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
• Academic Appointment available to qualified applicants
• Competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as signing bonus, loan assistance, relocation, and CME allowance
About Akron, OH:
Akron is located approximately 35 miles south of Cleveland. With a wonderful array of sights and attractions, accommodations and restaurants, meeting and convention facilities, and countless recreational activities, Akron/Summit County offers family fun and excitement. Known internationally as home to LeBron James, the Black Keys and the Firestone Country Club, the Akron area boasts a pristine national park, 100 miles of hike/bike trails, affordable and diverse housing, downtown and suburban living, and two universities. Akronites also have easy access to Lake Erie and two nearby airports making travel a breeze. The greater Akron area is a welcoming community rich in cultural diversity, history and heritage. It offers big-city amenities with a hometown feel and is located in one of America’s most affordable metropolitan areas.
Access to large metropolitan area
Attractive schedule options available
Excellent schools nearby
No or low trauma call