A well-established academic program in upstate New York is seeking qualified applicants at the Assistant/Associate Professor level for the Medical Director position of its Comprehensive Stroke Center. The successful candidate will have completed a stroke fellowship and be Board Certified in vascular neurology as well as possess clinical and teaching skills along with leadership experience. Previous experience in developing and/or leadership in an accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center is required.
The candidate is expected to collaboratively expand an established high-quality clinical service with colleagues in neurocritical care, neurology and neurosurgery. The candidate will be responsible for leading and expanding the Comprehensive Stroke Center services including tele-stroke network, outpatient services, and inpatient stroke service. The candidate would be responsible for overseeing residents, fellows sharing in the attending schedule and conducting clinical research.
This Comprehensive Stroke Center sees about 900 stroke patients a year and is a major referral center for the region. They have 3-5 admissions per day and a nightly census of 15 stroke patients. The hospital is also in the midst of developing a stroke medicine network whereby they provide tele-stroke services for the smaller regional hospitals.
• Only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region
• Participation with 11 hospitals through Telestroke program to neighboring community and rural hospitals
• State of the art 14 bed dedicated Neuro ICU with 13 bed Stepdown unit (including 5-bed EEG monitoring unit)
• Work with three board-certified/fellowship trained Neuro-intensivists, three Endovascular Interventionalists from radiology, neurology and neurosurgery, four stroke neurologists
• American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus/Target Honor Roll Elite PlusQuality and Performance Achievement Award since 2012
• Provide instruction to Neurology and Neurosurgery residents and Neurology, ICU and Stroke fellows
• Join the largest neurology group in the area with over 20 faculty in multiple specialties.
• Collaborate with a dedicated stroke team of Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Interventional Radiologists, Cardiologists, Rehabilitation Therapists, Stroke Certified Registered Nurses, Neuroscience Certified Registered Nurses, Neurovascular Registered Nurses - Board Certified
• Dedicated and department managed Clinical Research Section
Enjjoy the best of both worlds:
The Neurology Medical ServiceGroup (MSG) is a private, physician-run practice. Competitive compensation plans are available comprised of funds from both the MSG and the state. As a result, physicians are eligible for state benefit and retirement plans.
The region offers cultural resources and convenient access to the Finger Lakes Region and the Adirondack Mountains. Syracuse is consistently ranked in the top 50 places to live by U.S. News & World based on an affordable cost of living and highly ranked school system. The area is culturally rich and diverse with a variety of entertainment and recreational activities.The central location in the Northeast puts New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, and the Canadian cities of Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto within a four hour drive.
Leadership role available
Student loan repayment available
|Compensation: $300,000 - $350,000|