An academically-affiliated medical center is actively recruiting a new Medical Director of Inpatient Neurology. The person in this position will oversee the stroke team across the system and will be located at the system's flagship hospital.
The medical center achieved primary stroke designation in 2005 and became a comprehensive stroke center in 2014. The flagship hospital serves as the stroke hub for the area and partners with 56 other hospitals in addition to the health system's 6 hospitals.
Medical Center Highlights:
• Level 1 Trauma Center
• 2500+ stroke patients per year
• 550-Bed Hospital
• Academically Affiliated
The team currently consists of 6 neurohospitalists, several APPs, 4 interventional radiologists and 6 neurosurgeons on the medical side. The stroke program currently has physicians available at all times (including overnight) with its schedule structure so there is no stroke call outside of physician's schedules.
• Lead and serve as the face of the inpatient acute neurology & stroke team
• Assist with the recruitment of physicians to and further grow the stroke program
• Advance the research and academic initiatives of the stroke program
• Assist with fundraising and development through community and industry engagement.
• Experience in conflict management and/or formal leadership training would be extremely welcomed
• No required call
• For qualified candidates, an additional appointment as the Chair of Neurology is available
• 50-60% Clinical and 40-50% protected administrative time estimated though the schedule is negotiable
• Competitive Salary and Benefits
Chair of Neurology/Medical Director of Inpatient Neurology Services Dual Appointment:
Additional Appointment Details:
• Strong academic background required.
• Further develop the neurology department.
• Assist in the development of an accredited ACGME neurology residency and stroke fellowship.
• Teaching opportunities are presently available for medical students, residents, and a neurology clerkship.
• Additional academic stipend available to supplement Chair duties in addition to clinical salary from the health system
|Subspecialty: Neurocritical Care, Neurohospitalist, Stroke|