A large and comprehensive health system in the Mid-Atlantic is seeking an endovascular neurosurgeon to join its expanding system.
The new endovascular neurosurgeon will practice at a 580-bed acute care hospital that features the region's only accredited Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center and Comprehensive Stroke Center. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing health system with a flexible and supportive administration and to walk into a very busy, established practice right away. Mentorship is available for new grads.
• Opportunity to walk into a very busy, established practice right away. Anticipated adult volume of 350+ cases per year; current vascular team doing 400+ cases per year including angiograms, stroke, aneurysms, carotid stenting and thrombectomies.
• Catchment area: Support 6 hospitals in the system for telestroke (1.4M residents for telestroke), and they all send cases to primary admitting hospital
• Q2-Q3 vascular/stroke call, consultative in nature; optional Q6-Q7 general call schedule; new endovascular neurosurgeon not required to take general call
• APC’s handle call during the day – 2 APC’s dedicated to vascular
• Patients managed by hospitalists
• Block OR Time available. New endovascular neurosurgeon will have as much Block OR Time as needed; biplane angiosuite, second OR can be used for endo, if there is a second case
• 13 APPs
• Medical student and resident teaching opportunities
• Opportunities to collaborate on research studies
• Admitting Hospital features state-of-the-art equipment: * MRI - GE Signa 1.5 T MRI and slated to get Philips 1.5T Ingenia and Philips 3T Elition in January 2020; * CT: 2 Philips Ingenuity 128 scanners located in the Imaging Department and 1 Philips iCT Brilliance 256 located in the ED. Also have Airo 32 slice portable CT in the OR; * Image Guided Navigation Equipment: purchasing Stryker coupled with portable CT scanner (intraoperative); * O-Arm
Centrally located in the Mid-Atlantic, the city is an easy 2-hour drive to Philadelphia, Baltimore, or Washington DC. City features a lively downtown, a mix of hip breweries and restaurants, and Colonial-era history and is bound to have something for everyone.
Particularly patient focused
Student loan repayment available
Visa support available
Well organized and managed practice