A well-established health system, in collaboration with a local university, is seeking an experienced neurosurgeon with leadership experience and programmatic development expertise to lead and grow their neurosurgery program. The new Chief will be in charge of further developing a sub-specialized neuroscience program and support the current initiatives of clinical productivity, teaching, service line development and research.
The primary admitting hospital is a 800+ bed, Level I Trauma Center and designated Primary Stroke Center. The health system also comprises three other area hospitals for a total of nearly 1900 beds. The health system is affiliated with a local University, offering support/protected time for basic science research interests, medical student and residency teaching opportunities & collaborations with engineering for device development. The primary admitting hospital is a teaching hospital for numerous residency programs including general surgery and orthopedics, offering residency teaching opportunities. It offers many teaching opportunities with the goal of establishing a new neurosurgery residency program.
Hospital & Practice Highlights:
• Varian TrueBeam;
• 3T MRI;
• Epic System for Electronic Medical Records;
• Stryker and Stealth Navigation;
• 20 bed Neuro-ICU with 24 hour neurocritical care service;
• Busy clinical practice and a variety of sub-specialties can be supported
• Protected time for research including basic science, translational and clinical.
• New Neurosurgery lab at the University (only 15 minutes from the hospital);
• Position will include an academic appointment;
• Hospital currently running 3-4 Block ORs 5 days per week specifically for neurosurgery;
• Synergies with engineering department create opportunities in bioengineering, biomechanics & new instrument development;
• Program building & leadership opportunities including the eventual development of a neurosurgery residency program;
• Collaborative support from the Head of Research in development at multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and cutting edge research
A diverse city with a population of almost 850,000. The city is a terrific place to raise a family, offering exceptional public and private schools and home to two major universities. Nationally ranked for arts and culture, it is home to many fine arts centers. The city also offers fine dining, shopping, numerous museums & parks and live sporting events.
Above market compensation package
Excellent schools nearby
Leadership role available
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery|