A very busy, well-established health system in Pennsylvania is interested in hiring a dual vascular trained neurosurgeon to grow their neurovascular service line. The hospital boasts the busiest Emergency Department in the state and one of the busiest hospitalist programs in the country. With the assistance of the current interventional neurologist and a vascular trained neurosurgeon, the new vascular neurosurgeon will help develop a multi-disciplinary approach to neurovascular/stroke care. The health care system has been recognized as a Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence by HealthGrades.
This 600+ bed medical center is a Level 2 trauma center and Primary Stroke Center with aspirations to become a Comprehensive Stroke Center. The hospital has an expandable 8-bed Neuro-ICU staffed by neurocritical care physicians. The hospital recently completed a $380 million neuroscience tower which includes 24 rooms and 4 hybrid OR's. The hospital built this tower without borrowing.
• Immediate vascular volume – the hospital is currently shipping out 15-20% of their neurosurgery cases and has shipped as many as 60-70 strokes per month at one time. ED is the busiest in the state and they have over 1,000 stroke admissions per year
• Large Catchment area – including primary, secondary and tertiary service areas, the patient catchment area is over 750,000. The health system also just acquired 5 new community hospitals that will act as "feeders" into the main campus.
• Terrific call schedule – General call schedule will be shared equally at Q5 and vascular call will be Q3
• Camaraderie – The physician group is highly collegial and collaborative in their approach to patient care
• Great case mix – The new vascular neurosurgeon can expect 80+ vascular cases in the first year and opportunity to grow that number exponentially
• Latest technology – The hospital built a brand new surgical tower comprising state-of-the-art OR’s, equipment and a bi-plane angiosuite
• Competitive Compensation – Hospital is providing a competitive base salary plus productivity bonus and the payor mix for the hospital is very strong
Located in a a mid-size town with a metro population of over 400,000 residents, this city is known for rich history. A number of larger companies and industry are nearby including medical device and manufacturing companies. The city offers public and parochial schools and is home to multiple institutions for higher learning. The city' has an abundance of cultural institutions, parks, restaurants, shopping centers, and it's only a short drive from Philadelphia.
Above market compensation package
Particularly patient focused
Student loan repayment available
Well organized and managed practice