A health system in Marquette, Michigan is seeking a neurologist for an inpatient/outpatient split position.
Health System Highlights:
• Federally-designated Regional Referral Center for Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and region's Level II Trauma Center.
• Offers unique access to the clinical, educational and research support of an academic center and financial capital of a national hospital corporation.
• Awarded Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers.
• Earned Blue Distinction for Spine Surgery from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
• New, state of the art hospital opened in June 2019
• Inpatient and Outpatient split position.
• One week of inpatient coverage followed by one week of outpatient coverage.
• The outpatient clinic is 8 am - 5 pm with about 6 patients per day
• Non-burdensome 1:3 call shared with locums and pediatric neurologists
• 2 Neurology-dedicated APPs
• Night call is alleviated by telemedicine services
• EEG/EMG reading available
• Competitive compensation package including, sign-on bonus, insurance benefits, loan repayment, and relocation assistance
On the Southern shore of Lake Superior, this is one of the most beautiful areas in the country. A strong commitment by both city leaders and active community members has helped Marquette to become one of the nation's premier cities. A few national recognitions include “America’s Most Livable Communities”, and the involvement in Michigan’s “Cool Cities” initiative. Forbes named Marquette the “Third Best City in America to Raise a Family” in 2010, and most recently, Marquette was named one of the top micropolitan cities by Site Selection Magazine. Skiing, hiking, biking, boating, and fishing are all just minutes from the hospital's door. An in-town alpine ski resort plus 85 miles of groomed trails offer nationally recognized biking/skiing events. Bike magazine declared Marquette the number two city in America for “Biking and Living” in its June 2001 issue. In addition, Marquette has a thriving theatre & arts culture. The community has several theatre companies, music festivals, and museums. Live, work and play in this gorgeous Michigan City!
|Subspecialty: Neurohospitalist, Stroke, EMG, EEG|