A very well-established and supportive health system in the Northeast is hiring a BE/BC neurosurgeon to expand their neurosurgery program into their community hospital in the western suburbs. This is an opportunity to build neurosurgery practice in a busy market with a well-respected spine surgeon, assistance from mid-levels, and administrative support. Call will be supported by one of the neurosurgeons from the main campus. 20% of the main campus spine referrals come from this community.
This community hospital is a 120-bed acute care facility. The hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services to the county and several surrounding communities.
* Spine-focused neurosurgery position with a strong network of referring physicians
* Interests in minimally-invasive spine will be very well-supported
* Grow the market share in an area lacking high quality neurological services
* Opportunity to focus on elective spine cases and grow the routine cranial practice.
* Excellent system resources and savvy marketing outreach
* Great schedule, mid-level support, and strong leadership backing
* Call will be 1:2, highly supported by APP, and very low burden
* Anticipated volume of 200-250+ cases per year, mostly elective spine and no trauma
* Stryker navigation, Airo CT, and new physician will be involved in future equipment purchases
* Competitive compensation package designed by physicians: includes base pay, productivity incentives, signing bonus, educational loan repayment, full relocation and Retirement Savings Plans
The state's eighth-largest city is a prosperous community with excellent shopping and entertainment facilities. Just a short drive away from major Northeast/Mid-Atlantic cities, the county offers the best of everything – easy living in a bucolic setting, but with the modern amenities and cultural attractions that many people desire. A rich arts and entertainment scene, high-quality healthcare options, local colleges and an abundance of regional events and attractions make this the ideal place to settle and grow.