A busy medical center in the Midwest is recruiting a neurosurgeon to join their growing neuroscience program. Interests in complex spine, routine spine, general neurosurgery, and trauma will be well-supported. Both experienced and new graduates are welcome, and mentorship is available for younger neurosurgeons.
The hospital is a 450+ bed, Level 2 trauma center and Primary Stroke Center with a 45-bed neuroscience inpatient unit and a dedicated Neuro step-down unit covered by intensivists, hospitalists and NPs. With over 57,000 trauma center visits, 800+ stroke related admissions and over 250,000 outpatient visits, this tertiary care center is one of the busiest medical centers in the state. They have 7 helicopters. The hospital is Certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and has an expanding reach of outlying clinics.
• Opportunity to walk into a very busy, established practice right away. Anticipated volume of 350+ cases per year;
• Terrific case mix
• Catchment area of 800,000 people which is expanding due to outreach clinics;
• Q5 call schedule and consultative in nature. 24/7 NP coverage and neuro cases admitted by hospitalists;
• State-of-the-art equipment including 2 bi-plane angiosuites, 2 O-Arms, neuro-navigation, MRI, CT, endoscopy;
• Highly competitive starting salary of multiple year guarantee plus wRVU-based bonus and quality/patient satisfaction bonus. Strong long-term, sustainable income potential;
• Neurology group includes 2 epileptologists to refer cases to those interested in functional neurosurgery and hospital developing an epilepsy clinic;
• Hospital has hired an outreach coordinator to assist in establishing relationships with referring physicians;
• Outpatient surgery center owned by hospital offers opportunity to develop outpatient spine practice;
Located in a beautiful city with a metro population of ~200,000 residents, the city offers a mid-size city feel and reasonable cost of living. It's home to numerous parks, beautiful gardens, museums and a vibrant, historic downtown district. The community also has an abundance of local restaurants, shopping centers and outdoor recreational opportunities for all seasons. It's located within a short drive of a major Midwestern city, offering an international airport, many colleges and universities, professional sporting events and cultural activities.