A busy medical center in the Midwest is recruiting a neurosurgeon to join their growing neuroscience program. Interests in skull base, endoscopy and open vascular preferred. Both experienced and new graduates are welcome, and mentorship is available for younger neurosurgeons.
The hospital is a 450+ bed, Level 2 trauma center and Primary Stroke Center with a 45-bed neuroscience inpatient unit and a dedicated Neuro step-down unit covered by intensivists, hospitalists and NPs. With over 57,000 trauma center visits, 800+ stroke related admissions and over 250,000 outpatient visits, this tertiary care center is one of the busiest medical centers in the state. The hospital is also applying for a Comprehensive Stroke Center Designation and has an expanding reach of outlying clinics.
• Opportunity to walk into a very busy, established practice right away. Anticipated volume of 350+ cases per year;
• Terrific case mix and strong mix of cases;
• Catchment area of 800,000 people which is expanding due to outreach clinics;
• Q5 call schedule and consultative in nature. 24/7 NP coverage and neuro cases admitted by hospitalists;
• State-of-the-art equipment including 2 bi-plane angiosuites, 2 O-Arms, neuro-navigation, MRI, CT, endoscopy;
• Highly competitive starting salary of multiple year guarantee plus wRVU-based bonus and quality/patient satisfaction bonus. Strong long-term, sustainable income potential;
• Neurology group includes 2 epileptologists to refer cases to those interested in functional neurosurgery and hospital developing an epilepsy clinic;
• Hospital has hired an outreach coordinator to assist in establishing relationships with referring physicians;
• Outpatient surgery center owned by hospital offers opportunity to develop outpatient spine practice;
Located in a beautiful city with a metro population of ~200,000 residents, the city offers a mid-size city feel and reasonable cost of living. It's home to numerous parks, beautiful gardens, museums and a vibrant, historic downtown district. The community also has an abundance of local restaurants, shopping centers and outdoor recreational opportunities. It's located within a short drive of a major Midwestern city, offering an international airport, many colleges and universities, professional sporting events and cultural activities.
Above market compensation package
Access to large metropolitan area
Well organized and managed practice
|Subspecialty: Neurosurgical Oncology/Skull Base|