A well established hospital system in Georgia is seeking a board certified/board eligible neurosurgeon to join their growing practice. This multi-specialty group brings together more than 300 talented providers and the health system serves almost 1,000,000 people. A functional sub-specialty can be supported for someone who is interested.
The medical center is a 557-bed regional referral center and provides a wide array of healthcare services complemented by a medical staff of over 900 members that represent a vast range of primary care and sub-specialty physicians. The main facility includes 23 new operating rooms and the adjoining community hospital has 7 new ORs, including the da Vinci Surgical System, BrainLab Neuronavigation, Depuy, Globus and Medtronic.
The new neurosurgeon will have a general neurosurgery practice and partner with their existing neurosurgeon who has been with the practice since 2013.
• Level II Trauma Center
• Primary Stroke Center
• Support of a stable administration
• Group Call 1:2; ER Call 1:5 with PA taking first call
• Trauma service admits 95% of trauma cases and 2 to 3 cases per month need surgery
• Large catchment area of 1 million
• Opportunity to teach medical students
• Several residency programs beginning in 2019 will provide further teaching opportunities
• Well-established internal referral system
• Anticipated first year volume of 150 and expected to grow to 300
• 90% spine with ability to develop more cranial cases over time if desired
• Epileptologist and Movement Disorders neurologist in place for someone who has an interest in functional cases
Access to large metropolitan area
|Subspecialty: Functional/Epilepsy/Pain/Periph. Nerve|