A growing neuroscience institute in the Southwest is recruiting a general neurosurgeon. Interests in spine, neuro-oncology, skull base, and/or trauma will be well-supported in the context of a general neurosurgery position. Institutional support for those with functional interests willing to build a program will be made available. Both experienced and newly trained neurosurgeons are welcome. The team is happy to mentor new grads.
This is the only neuroscience institute within the hospital network. The medical center is a 221 bed, non-designated, comprehensive stroke center. All neurosurgery referrals within the 10 hospital network are sent to the neuroscience institute.
This is an opportunity to be part of a tremendously supportive physician friendly environment! Neurosurgeons have a terrific relationship and work closely with hospital leadership. The new hire will have highly motivated partners dedicated to the growth and continued expansion of the neuroscience program along with a strong emphasis on a cohesive culture and providing excellent patient care.
• 5-7 days of call as shared with local physicians in the area; ER call is highly consultative; PAs take first patient call.
• Case mix of 80/20 spine and cranial for those with spine interests, 60/40 spine and cranial mix for those with cranial interests with the opportunity to grow the cranial volume over time.
• 125 cases anticipated in year one and 250+ once established.
• Strong referral base exists; current neurosurgeons are booked out six weeks.
• The hospital network has a service area population of over 2.3 million.
• Those with interests in trauma are welcome to take call at the level I trauma center.
• Group employs a hospital PA, one PA per attending, in addition to a PA float system
• Block time will be made available.
• 30 ICU beds with 7 Neuro ICU beds.
• Latest in technology and equipment
• Attractive base plus RVU compensation package
Access to large metropolitan area
Excellent schools nearby
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
No or low trauma call
Particularly patient focused
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery|