A busy level I trauma center located in a gorgeous large city in the west is recruiting a U.S. trained neurosurgeon to the team. This is a general neurosurgery position with an emphasis in spine with cranial and trauma components. New grads and those with experience are both welcome!
This medical center is the largest private hospital in the area. It is a major teaching hospital with comprehensive stroke designation. The medical center has affiliations with two major academic centers to advance the level of care through shared innovations, education and training.
• Call is 1:5 as shared with another provider in town and is highly consultative. Hospitalists admit patients.
• Case mix will be 80/20 spine and cranial work.
• 125 cases anticipate in year one with more than 250 expected once established.
• 17 bed dedicated Neuro ICU with 24/7 APRN coverage; hospital employs four excellent neurointensivists.
• Clinical research opportunities exist; two dedicated research nurses and a data person currently on staff.
• Four PAs currently on staff.
• Currently four days of block O.R. time dedicated to neurosurgery.
• Will have a dedicated neuro call team for the O.R.
• Physician friendly, collaborative environment
The city is a major hub for international business and host to a diverse variety of culture, cuisine, and traditions. The city ranks high on world livability rankings and has been ranked as the second safest city in the United States. Outdoor activities abound with ocean and mountain access along with some of the best shopping available!
Access to large metropolitan area
Leadership role available
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
Research support available
Visa support available
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery|