This hospital is recruiting a general neurosurgeon for the only tertiary hospital in the region.
The 315 bed, level II trauma center is brand new (built this year), with state-of-the-art equipment for neuro-vascular, neurosurgical oncology and general neurosurgery cases. Because they are the only tertiary hospital in a 3-hour radius, they often evaluate level 1 traumas, although their practice is not trauma heavy. Walk-in volume is available; their part time neurosurgeon is retiring; one plans to slow down and they are practicing at capacity.
• APPs take first call; neurosurgeons generally go in at night once a month
• 1:3 for general call
• 80% spine: 20% cranial for general neurosurgeon
• The practice manager has been with the group for a long time
• Block OR time
• Equipment includes Stealth Navigation, Variant TrueBeam Linear Accelarator, O-Arm, C-Arm, Biplane GE
• Opportunities for clinical research and to teach medical students on away rotations
This community is on a beautiful lake. Every season abounds with opportunities for outdoor activities. Go fishing, mountain biking, hiking or sailing in the summer. The winter offers ice caves, dog sledding, snowmobiling, skiing or snowboarding after the snow falls. Residents experience life at a different pace and find the best nature has to offer. Families value that it is a safe community for raising children with good public and private schools.
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
Visa support available
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery|