Cayuga Medical Center/Cayuga Medical Associates (CMA), in collaboration with The University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) is seeking a BE/BC neurologist with fellowship training in epilepsy to join URMC’s regional multi–specialty Neuromedicine program (Neurology and Neurosurgery) serving patients across Central New York.
The new epileptologist will join a highly respected and collegial group of neurologists at CMA in Ithaca NY--home to Cornell University and Ithaca College--and will step into immediate volume on day one. For interested candidates, University of Rochester offers an academic affiliation.
* Leadership opportunity
* Pursue community-based practice in the beautiful Southern Tier region of Upstate New York as a regional faculty member of a nationally recognized University Neuromedicine program
* Designated Stroke Center and state-of-the-art technology
* Highly supportive team of physicians
* 1 in 5 call schedule based on rotating neurohospitalist schedule
* Competitive compensation package with production bonus and robust benefits package
Cayuga Medical Center is located in Ithaca, New York in the scenic Finger Lakes Region. Opportunities abound in and around Ithaca to enjoy the outdoors, whether it is hiking in the many state parks or national forest, or biking in what is ranked 4th best in the country according to Bike Magazine. Cross country and downhill skiing are easily accessible as well as Cayuga Lake for any water activities. The Finger Lakes is the second largest wine region in the country with over 100 vineyards and more restaurants per capita than New York City. Ithaca is also home to Cornell University and Ithaca College which creates a youthful and energetic atmosphere. Housing is easily and readily available in Ithaca with a number of choices that include walking to work or to the Commons downtown. Boston, New York, and Philadelphia are all within driving distance for a weekend getaway as well as the Adirondack Mountains for a hiking or skiing weekend.
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
Particularly patient focused
Well organized and managed practice