A prestigious group located in sunny Southwest is seeking a general neurosurgeon with endovascular interests to join the practice. Step in to immediate volume of spine, primary tumors, skull base, aneurysms, carotids, and strokes with the support of five neurologists on staff. O.R. equipment including a bi-planar angiography suite, is state-of-the-art and has been used as a model for neurosurgery suites around the world.
• General Call is 1:6
• Stroke Call is 1:3 as shared with interventional radiologists
• 5 Neurologists, including a stroke neurologist
• Clinical research opportunities exist
• Bi-planar Toshiba Angio Suite
• 5 Neurosurgical Physician Assistants and 2 Nurse Practitioners on staff
• Phase 3 research is ongoing with new opportunities
• Once established, vascular volume would be approximately 30-40% of surgeon’s practice
• The hospital diagnoses over 45 brain attacks per month, of these 5-10 tPA and endovascular treatment candidates.
• Inpatient Neuro-Medical unit with 42 private rooms
• Dedicated Neuro-ICU with step down and 18 beds—Full integration with MOB/iCT via iPlan by BrainLAB
• 3 dedicated neurosurgical suites including North America’s first BrainSUITE iCT with Siemens 40 slice, large bore CT moveable between 2 ORS. GE 1.5 Tesla MRI, Stealth navigational system.
• 24/7 seizure disorder monitoring
• Novalis TX Radiosurgery
• Well-integrated neuro-radiology group with well-trained Interventionalists
• Balance Disorder Program
• Spine Program
• Parkinson’s (Movement Disorder’s) Program
• Brain Tumor Clinic
The city's geography is a postcard image of cactus forests, rolling hills, and rugged mountains. National and State Parks and Forests ring the city. From historic to high-tech, from ecological to military, with hands-on learning and over-the-top fun in between, the is an area steeped in natural beauty. The arts are well represented with theater, symphony and opera all available. The area is home to spas, golf, fine dining and abundant shopping. The city offers metropolitan living in a smaller, livable and affordable community.
Leadership role available
Particularly patient focused