A well-regarded private practice on Long Island is recruiting a pediatric neurosurgeon to join its growing team. The practice was founded in 2000 and has grown to a group of 7 neurosurgeons and 2 pain management physicians. The private practice has close ties with the nearby hospital system. The program has wonderful pediatric neurology, general pediatric surgery, pediatric oncology, and pediatric trauma surgery programs and is eager to replicate this excellence in pediatric neurosurgery. The hospital is sponsoring the recruitment and offers a leadership role and title of Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
• 6-bed pediatric ICU
• 6-bed neuro-ICU staffed with neurointensivists
• 6-bed step-down unit
• Level 2 trauma center
• Pediatric neurologists, & PA support
• General surgery & pediatric residencies
• Excellent support from the hospital to get the program off the ground
• 1M catchment area
• Estimated 20 pediatric brain tumors/year, 20-30 shunts/hydrocephalus, 20-30 scoliosis/spine, in addition to epilepsy, general pediatric, & vascular cases
• Call is Q2
• No adult call is required, but the surgeon is welcome to take call if desired
• Very competitive starting salary plus productivity incentives; partnership in 3 years
Long Island offers the best of all worlds. It is an easy train ride away from New York City yet maintains a family-friendly suburban atmosphere. Long Island has terrific schools and tremendous recreation activities. Beautiful beaches and parks make this one of the premier places to live in the country.
|Subspecialty: Pediatric Neurosurgery|
|Compensation: $700,000 - $800,000|