A 10-hospital health system in the Mid-Atlantic is seeking a dual vascular-trained neurosurgeon to join a very well-established, fast-growing program. This group provides neurosurgical services at four of the health system's local hospitals.
The primary admitting hospital for the neurosurgery practice, with approximately 70% of admissions, is a 400-bed hospital and Primary Stroke Center. The hospital treats over 100,000 patients annually.
Hospital and Practice Highlights:
• Enjoy immediate volume of 300+ cases per year and 350-400 once established;
• Hospital does not have a trauma designation and 95% of neurosurgical cases are elective;
• General case mix of 30% vascular and 70% general neurosurgery to start. Opportunity to grow vascular program is very strong.
• Hospital has state-of-the-art equipment including a Cyberknife, CT, MRI, Jackson Table, Fluoroscopy and Navigation. Bi-plane angiosuite budgeted for early 2020.
• 25-bed Surgical ICU and an additional 25-bed step down unit staffed with excellent intensivists
• Practice employs a PA to help with first call – call is Q4 and consultative in nature;
• Very strong referral networks of primary care physicians, ER doctors and internists;
• Competitive compensation structure of base salary plus wRVU productivity bonus – very strong sustainable income potential;
• Hospital has affiliation with a local university offering the opportunity for clinical faculty appointment and academic involvement such as Grand Rounds and collaborative clinical research.
One of the most enjoyable locations on the east coast, this city offers something new around every corner. Here you will find city living at its best with unique shops, a vibrant arts scene and restaurants for every style and taste. Home to approximately 3 million residents in the metropolitan area, and boasting a down to earth, small town spirit and hospitable culture.
Access to large metropolitan area
Excellent schools nearby