An academic-affiliated medical center is seeking an experienced, vascular-trained neurosurgeon to become Chief of Neurosurgery. With a catchment population of over 330,000 and very little competition (only one orthopedic spine surgeon), the area has a very strong need for neurosurgery services. The hospital is a 450-bed Level 2 trauma center serving several surrounding counties. The hospital/group is supported by a renowned academic neurosurgery program offering opportunities to collaborate with the University in Grand Rounds, collaborative research and other academic activities.
• Q3 call schedule for general neurosurgery; call is supported by a team of Intensivists and Hospitalists; highly consultative call;
• 330,000 catchment area & 500-600,000 trauma catchment population;
• Block OR time;
• Stryker Navigation;
• 12 Brand new, state-of-the-art OR's;
• Brand new bi-plane angiosuite
• Highly competitive hospital salary plus administrative stipend, wRVU bonus, signing bonus and retention bonus;
• Very stable and supportive hospital administration
Situated in the Mountains, this scenic town offers a family-friendly environment, terrific public and private schooling options, boutique shopping and an abundance of outdoor recreational activities. Visit the local theatre, where you can enjoy the ballet, exciting plays and the local symphony orchestra. One of the neighboring towns offers boutique shopping, bed-and-breakfasts & beautiful Victorian homes.
The town offers many beautiful, wooded and secluded neighborhoods. Many local rivers, lakes & parks make this town a terrific location for water skiing, hiking, biking, canoeing, camping, fishing and hunting. Located only two hours from an international airport, this is a safe community offering a reasonable cost-of-living, outdoor recreation & small-town charm.