An academic-affiliated hospital in New England is seeking a general neurosurgeon with an interest in spine. This is a perfect opportunity for someone seeking a busy clinical practice with collegial partners and a great quality of life. Mentorship is available for a younger neurosurgeon.
The group currently sees an 85/15 spine & cranial mix of cases including complex spine, trauma, neurosurgical oncology & pain. The hospital is a 300+ bed Level II trauma center offering state-of-the-art equipment including 3 Zeiss microscopes, Stryker navigation system, Orbic 3D fluoroscopy unit, CUSA and Sonopet. The hospital has a 24-bed medical/surgical ICU.
Practice & Hospital Highlights:
• Strong referral base including regional referrals from several large groups and several smaller local PCP groups/practices
• Q4 call schedule shared equally among partners
• Call is consultative in nature with most issues handled non-operatively
• Competitive base salary and wRVU productivity bonus, additional call pay for over 6 days/month
• ~125 cases expected first year & 200+ once established
• All spine cases handled by neurosurgeons
• Group employs one PA for each neurosurgeon – PA’s help with with inpatient and outpatient work as well as in OR. Degree of involvement in each realm dependent on surgeon preference
• Hospital is a teaching site for local University Medical Center – 3rd year students rotate through general surgery, spend time also with neurosurgery. PA students also rotate here.
Located just outside of Boston and a short drive to beautiful Cape Cod. Enjoy the arts, fine dining and shopping of the big city and the many terrific recreational opportunities available on the Cape! With access to some of the country’s best schools and universities, this city is a wonderful place to raise a family!