A large tertiary hospital in New England with an academic affiliation is seeking a functional neurosurgeon to join its collaborative team. Candidates should have an interest in DBS for movement disorders and epilepsy, as well as an interest in developing clinical and translational research programs/associations and in building programs within an enjoyable, collaborative team environment.
This health system is one of New England's largest integrated multi-institutional health care systems offering a coordinated continuum of hospital, physician services, and home health care services. The campus is located in a beautiful area with convenient access to coastal New England, Vermont and metropolitan Boston and New York. The area also supports a rich network of academic institutions & offers excellent public and private schooling options.
Practice Highlights Include:
• Strong case volumes and opportunity to capture significant market share;
• Very large catchment area of approximately 1,000,000 people;
• DBS for movement disorders, epilepsy, pain, peripheral nerve can all be supported
• Walk into immediate volume of 200+ cases per year
• Q4-5 call schedule;
• Competitive base salary plus incentive bonus;
• Hospital is currently building a 4-bed Neuro-ICU;
• Clinical faculty appointment available at nearby university medical center,
• General surgery resident teaching opportunities & research development available
Located in a gorgeous area of New England offering superb private and public schooling options, great art scene, fine dining & fantastic local farmers markets. A short drive to many major east coast cities allows you to be close to the action but away from the crowd!
Excellent schools nearby
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
Well organized and managed practice
|Subspecialty: Functional/Epilepsy/Pain/Periph. Nerve|