An East Coast university is seeking a general neurosurgeon to join their current neurosurgeon in practice at their community hospital. This location is only 1.5 hours from Baltimore and DC and offers an exciting opportunity to join a very well- established neurosurgeon and help expand the practice. Catchment area is 1,000,000.
The hospital is in the process of building new OR’s to accommodate the increased volume. They are also adding four new outpatient surgery centers and five new OR’s in the main hospital. The vision is to have three neurosurgeons along with one physiatrist and one pain management person. The practice employs two PA’s and will add an additional one as the practice grows. The new neurosurgeon can have their own PA once ramped up. The current practice is 80% spine and is tightly tied with the main academic practice. The new chair of neurosciences has been there since last year and the new chair of the program recently started.
• General neurosurgery with 80% spine and no pediatric cases
• Can take cases to main campus if desired
• Well established internal referral system
• Teach medical students and residents and opportunity for clinical research
• Call schedule of 1 in 3, PA can take first call and hospitalists admit
• Level III Trauma Center
• Very financially sound hospital with solid growth history
• Competitive compensation package with base salary and RVU based bonus, comprehensive benefits plan
• 195 licensed bed facility, converting to all private rooms
• 25 bed critical access hospital
• EPIC system-wide EMR
• 40 bed modern linear-style emergency department
• Expanded 20 bed ICU
• Faculty teaching opportunities with the Eastern Division School of Medicine
• Mazor Robotics system, O-Arm and Stealth Navigation system coming
This community offers the amenities of the large city in a scenic and affordable location, and is only a 1.5 hour drive from Baltimore and Washington, DC. A lower cost of living mixed with the easy accessibility to major urban centers make this area an ideal place in which to live. This area features affordable housing, good schools, restaurants, culture, parks, low crime rate, and no traffic. It's a great location for families! Few places can rival this area in natural beauty, intriguing history, gracious living and economic potential.
No or low trauma call
Visa support available
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery|