A well-established academic program is seeking Neurocritical care neurologists to join their collegial team. This is a terrific opportunity to build a busy clinical practice, engage in collaborative research, and teach neurology residents. The dynamic Chief of Neurology is excited to mentor young, talented neurologists.
This Comprehensive Stroke Center sees about 900 stroke patients a year and is a major referral center for the region. They have 3-5 admissions per day and a nightly census of 15 stroke patients. The hospital is also in the midst of developing a stroke medicine network whereby they provide telestroke services for the smaller regional hospitals.
• Neurocritical Care Inpatient service 24-26 weeks per year
• Stroke Inpatient service 12-14 weeks per year
• Only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region
• Only Level IV Epilepsy Center
• UNCS and CAST Certified Neurocritical Care fellowship program
• State of the art 14 bed dedicated Neuro ICU with 13 bed Stepdown unit (including 5-bed EEG monitoring unit)
• Full multimodality neuromonitoring capability
• Provide instruction to Neurology and Neurosurgery residents and Neurology, ICU and Stroke fellows
• Work with Advanced Practice Providers, residents, fellows and Neuroscience-certified nurses
Enjoy the best of both worlds:
The Neurology Medical Service Group (MSG) is a private, physician-run practice.
Competitive compensation plans are available comprised of funds from both the MSG and the state. As a result, physicians are eligible for state benefit and retirement plans.
The region offers cultural resources and convenient access to the Finger Lakes Region and the Adirondack Mountains. The Central New York area is consistently ranked in the top 50 places to live by U.S. News & World based on an affordable cost of living and highly ranked school system. The area is culturally rich and diverse with a variety of entertainment and recreational activities. Our central location in the Northeast puts New York City, Philadelphia, Boston and the Canadian cities of Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa within a four hour drive.
Leadership role available
Student loan repayment available
|Subspecialty: Neurocritical Care, Stroke|
|Compensation: $200,000 - $250,000|