An academic medical center in the Northeast is seeking a vascular-trained neurosurgeon to join their well-regarded, growing program. This is a terrific opportunity to walk into an established vascular neurosurgery program and replacing an interventional neuroradiologist who is retiring. In addition to a busy clinical practice, the new neurosurgeon will have the opportunity to be involved in collaborative research and teach neurosurgery residents. Their dynamic Chairman and the neurosurgery faculty are eager to mentor a young neurosurgeon. Experienced neurosurgeons are also welcome to apply.
The Neurological Institute is a combined neurosciences program with a comprehensive stroke center, comprehensive level 4 epilepsy center, multidisciplinary neurointerventional program with a ESNI fellowship, a collaborative relationship with Orthopedics, Gamma Knife Center and an outstanding intraoperative monitoring service. This University hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment including Brainlab Intraoperative MRI suite, O-arm, Rosa robot and plan to have an three room neuroendovascular suite including a hybrid operating room. Neuroscience research is a major University initiative and is housed in a dedicated building.
Enjoy the best of both worlds:
The neurosurgery group is a private, physician run practice affiliated with the University and the state. In addition to the compensation provided by the group, additional compensation is provided by the state and the physicians enjoy state benefits and retirement.
The practice covers both the campuses of University hospitals including downtown and at Community as well as the Veterans Affairs Hospital. The Hospital is a 409-bed Level 1 trauma center and Designated Comprehensive Stroke Center with a 14-bed Neuro-ICU. The University Health System serves 1.8 million people in the region and is the area’s largest employer. The affiliated community hospital is a 306-bed hospital nationally recognized for its orthopedic program, spine surgery, bariatric services and maternity services.
• Opportunity to develop a robust clinical practice focused on endovascular and open vascular neurosurgery joining
an endovascular neurosurgeon and interventional neurologist
• Q3 vascular call schedule & Q5-6 general neurosurgery call- neurosurgery residents take first call
• Anticipated first year case mix of primarily vascular cases; ~80-90% vascular cases, can supplement with general neurosurgery, spine and/or working in neuro-ICU.
• The Metropolitan area provides catchment of 660,000 plus surrounding counties
• Practice employs 1 full-time NP, 2 part-time NP’s and a full-time PA;
• The hospital offers the latest technology including an Interoperative MRI, ROSA Robot, Hybrid OR Suite, O-Arm, and Gamma Knife;
• Block OR time
• All research interests will be enthusiastically supported and protected time available
• Program initiative to bolster education - surgical simulator purchased by hospital
• Competitive compensation plan including base salary and productivity bonus;
This region boasts a beautiful and diverse natural environment with abundant outdoor activities, outstanding schools, a moderate cost of living, and safe, family- oriented communities. It's a vibrant metropolitan area of 700,000 people and offers access to many major east coast cities.