Due to expansion, a leading academic and tertiary referral center is seeking a fellowship trained neurosurgeon with an interest in spine to join their nationally recognized program. The medical center is the region’s only level 1 trauma center, and the first certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in the state.
The Neurosurgery Department is composed of clinician-scientists and clinicians that foster a culture of team building and cooperation. The Neurosurgery faculty has a commitment to laboratory and/or clinical research and has protected time to pursue these goals.
• General call will be 1:11
• Approximately 175 cases anticipated in year one; 250+ once established
• O.R. block time available
• Well-run department with outstanding operations leader collaborating with the chairman
• Each subspecialty division has a PA, in addition four PAs are hospital based for call, rounding, etc.
• Latest technology and equipment
• Attractive base plus bonus compensation structure
This location is one of the largest cities in the nation while offering the perfect blend of small-town charm and cosmopolitan advantages. The city has a thriving arts community, world-class health facilities, nationally recognized schools, scenic waterfront, superb restaurants, historic homes, outstanding college sports, and a quality of life that is the envy of many larger metropolitan centers.