Due to expansion and a neurovascular neurosurgeon leaving the area, a leading academic and tertiary referral center, is seeking an experienced endovascular trained neurosurgeon to join their nationally recognized program. This opportunity is 75% neurovascular and 25% general neurosurgery. Interests in cerebrovascular and skull base work will be supported as well. A leadership opportunity does exist for the right candidate.
The medical center is the region’s only level 1 trauma center, and the first certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in the state.
The Neurosurgery Department is composed of clinician-scientists and clinicians that foster a culture of team building and cooperation. The Neurosurgery faculty has a commitment to laboratory and/or clinical research and has protected time to pursue these goals.
• General call will be 1:10; 1:3
• Approximately 175 cases anticipated in year one; 250+ once established
• O.R. block time available
• Well-run department with outstanding operations leader collaborating with the chairman
• Each subspecialty division has a PA, in addition four PAs are hospital based for call, rounding, etc.
• Latest technology and equipment including a new biplane
• Attractive base plus bonus compensation structure
This location is one of the largest cities in the nation white offering the perfect blend of small town charm and cosmopolitan advantages. The city has a thriving arts community, world-class health facilities, nationally recognized schools, scenic waterfront, superb restaurants, historic homes, outstanding college sports, and a quality of life that is the envy of many larger metropolitan centers.
Leadership role available