A well-established academic program is seeking Epileptologists, neuro-oncology sub-specialists, and Behavioral neurologists to join their collegial team. This is a terrific opportunity to build a busy clinical practice, engage in collaborative research, and teach neurology residents. The dynamic Chief of Neurology is excited to mentor young, talented neurologists or welcome someone with experience.
Epilepsy Practice Highlights:
• NAEC Level 4 accredited Comprehensive Epilepsy Program
• The most experience epilepsy center in the region using MRI laser guided ablation surgeries (LITT)
• Engage in protected clinical or bench research working with the Neurology Department Clinical Research Section
• Extensive patient base serving as the tertiary care service area of nearly two million people
• Strong support with dedicated nurse practitioners, experienced EEG technologists and an epilepsy coordinator in a dedicated EMU
Cognitive Practice Highlights:
• Center of Excellence for Alzheimer’s Disease
• Collegial relationship with Geriatrics Department
• Outpatient setting with robust nursing and support staff
• Engage in basic and translational research programs
Neruo-Oncology Practice Highlights:
• A part of the recently opened Upstate Cancer Center
• Dedicated Neurosurgery team
• Collaborate with Neuroradiology, Neuropathology, Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Additional Practice Highlights:
• Collaborate with other departments such as physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatry, radiology and others to offer comprehensive care for patients
• Infusion suite located at clinical office sites
• Leadership opportunities available
Enjoy the best of both worlds:
The Neurology Medical Service Group (MSG) is a private, physician-run practice.
Competitive compensation plans are available comprised of funds from both the MSG and the state. As a result, physicians are eligible for state benefit and retirement plans.
The region offers cultural resources and convenient access to the Finger Lakes Region and the Adirondack Mountains. The Central New York area is consistently ranked in the top 50 places to live by U.S. News & World based on an affordable cost of living and highly ranked school system. The area is culturally rich and diverse with a variety of entertainment and recreational activities. Our central location in the Northeast puts New York City, Philadelphia, Boston and the Canadian cities of Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa within a four hour drive.
Leadership role available
Student loan repayment available
|Subspecialty: Epilepsy, Neuro-oncology, Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia|
|Compensation: $200,000 - $250,000|