A large and growing healthcare system in Pennsylvania is looking to develop their inpatient neurology service line by hiring a team of neurohospitalists for their legacy hospitals. A team of two neurohospitalists will be stationed at their main hospital, while another team of two neurologists cover two other hospitals within the system. These two, smaller hospitals are less than eight miles apart. They also provide telestroke coverage to two critical access hospitals and a psychiatric facility. The inpatient neurologists are well-supported by a full complement of outpatient neurology subspecialists.
• 7 on/ 7 off schedule, working in the hospital 8am-8pm with outpatient neurologists covering call at night
• APC support for follow-ups on orders and continuing care in the hospital, so neurohospitalists can focus on new consults and complicated patients
• On average 15 patient encounters per day between neurohospitalist and APC
• Use EPIC EMR
• Nurse responsible for discharge and scheduling outpatient follow-up appointment for patient -- they leave the hospital with an appoint scheduled!
• Join a collegial team of 10 outpatient neurologists and 5 APCs - while the neurohospitalist service line is building, you will not be alone! The team values mentorship and a quality of life.
• Collaborate with an open and progressive administration, who truly care for their providers and patients
• Competitive compensation package
Nestled in the Susquehanna Valley. As Pennsylvania’s capital, Harrisburg has played a pivotal role in the shaping of American history, both as a major link in rail and water transportation and as the setting of major Civil War battles; the city is now a vibrant hub of family activities, from cruises along the Susquehanna to arcades and athletics on City Island. In 2010 Forbes rated Harrisburg as the second best place in the U.S. to raise a family. With a newly energized downtown coupled with a robust economy that boasts 10 Fortune 500 companies, Harrisburg provides a stable and safe environment that promotes family values and welcomes diversity. Offering easy access by car or rail to several of America's largest cities, Harrisburg provides an excellent opportunity to be near major centers, without the traffic and crime traditionally associated with large cities.
|Subspecialty: General Neurology, Neurohospitalist, Stroke|
|Compensation: $300,000 - $350,000|