Central Pennsylvania’s largest comprehensive neuroscience program is seeking a pediatric neurologist to join their collegial team for a position starting in 2022. Interests and training in Neuromuscular or Sleep Medicine would be ideal, though generalists and those with subspecialty interests are also encouraged to apply. The new neurologists can enjoy engaging in research as well as teaching neurology residents and medical students. The system has its own pediatric residency program, neurology residency program, and has plans to build additional fellowship programs in the near future.
The new hires will also join the current team in caring for patients in the PICU and 41 bed NICU. An ideal candidate would be someone who absolutely loves to see patients and take an active role in clinical medicine, while also enjoying some teaching with the neurology residency programs.
Main Campus Highlights:
• Comprised of 32,000 employees, 1,800 physicians, 13 hospital campuses, 2 research centers and a School of Medicine
• Provide service to 2.6M people in 43 counties
• Named one of the top 100 hospitals in the country and top 100 hospitals for stroke care
• Main campus hospital has 500+ beds and the full spectrum state-of-the-art equipment that allows the neurosurgery team to handle complex cases
• 91-bed Children's Hospital
• Teaching with the Neurology and Pediatric residency programs
• Research opportunities
• Primarily outpatient, Mon-Fri, with inpatient during call weeks
• Non-burdensome call schedule at the main campus; 6-8 weeks per year
• Telemedicine opportunities
• Large general hospitalist team; mid-levels admit patients
• Competitive straight-salary compensation, and strong benefits package
Enjoy living and working in a gorgeous and affordable Pennsylvania city! Its beautiful location is perfect for those who love outdoor recreation, hiking, biking, running, horseback riding, fishing and/or hunting. The area offers a wonderful quality of life and tons of recreational activities to enjoy.
Attractive schedule options available
No or low trauma call
Research support available
|Subspecialty: Child Neurology|
|Compensation: $250,000 - $300,000|