A very well known hospital in New York is seeking an orthopedic spine surgeon to help meet an increasing demand for specialized spine care. The group is ready to welcome a new or experienced orthopedic surgeon alike. Ideal candidates have interests in minimally invasive spine, endoscopic, robotics, spine trauma, and adult/ pediatric deformity/scoliosis. The Division of Orthopedic Surgery is recruiting to backfill a recent faculty departure of a spine-focused orthopedic surgeon.
The Health System includes 3 hospitals and more than 80 community-based practices and outpatient centers. Its anchor is a Level I trauma center and is one of the largest independent teaching hospitals in the nation. Its programs rank best in the country for patient outcomes. This medical center is dedicated to fostering a culture of innovation and focusing on clinical excellence with a patient-centered approach.
• Anticipated Case Volume Year One: 80-100 cases
• Opportunity to teach and mentor residents- Three residents per year
• Significant outmigration volume available to capture (40-45%)
• Call Schedule: 10 days a month shared with another spine surgeon
• Neurosurgeons take other 20 days of call
• No pediatric call
• Block OR Time
• State-of-the-art equipment including Globus, MRI, CT, O-Arm, C-Arm, Image Guided Navigation Equipment
• Case Mix: 90% spine, 10% general call cases (in the first few years of practice)
• 13-bed surgical ICU
• Catchment size: 3 million people
• Significant research funding available and active clinical trials with full research team
• Largest outpatient orthopaedic practice in the area with more than 72,000 visits per year
New York is a vibrant, dynamic area to live and work. Experience the beauty of great neighborhoods with tree-lined streets and lovely parks with many choices of excellent schools. Culturally diverse with tight communities and strong culture, there is never a shortage of things to experience. Variety is the spice of life and you will never exhaust the broad array of offerings in this amazing city that is like none other in the world.
|Specialty: Orthopaedic Spine|